In our Clinic we treat the following illnesses:
* artery diseases ( atherosclerosis of the lower limbs and carotid arteries)
* vein diseases ( lower limbs varices)
* diabetic foot
During the examination doctor makes an assessment of an illness whether it should qualify for the pharmacological treatment, compressotherapy or surgical procedure.
ARTERY DISEASES- ATHEROSCLEROSIS
This disease is mostly found in male population and its incidence gets higher with age. The reason for its beginning and development can be the factors as: diabetes, diet rich in cholesterol, hypertension, coagulation disturbances, stress or nicotine.
Atherosclerosis itself constitutes a chronic, progressing disease process which can cause changes in arteries leading to their narrowing and finally their occlusion. Atherosclerosis can eventually lead to heart infarct, cerebral stroke, senile dementia.
THE SYMPTOMS OF THE DISEASE
The most common symptoms of atherosclerosis are the following:
* quick tiredness during the walk
* intermittent claudication- painful cramps occurring on walking and forcing to have a rest
* muscle atrophy
* impalpable pulse on the femoral arteries
* lower limbs pallor
VARICES OF THE LOWER LIMBS
Lower limbs varices are one of the most common illnesses. They occur in the half of the population older than 40 years old and mostly refer to the female part of the society. For the diagnosis of the vein diseases, the most important examination deciding about the method and way of treatment is US Doppler: ultrasound examination with blood flow measurement. After the consultations and the diagnostic examination results, specialist can finally make a decision regarding the best way of treatment: surgical, pharmacological or compresotherapy.
THE SYMPTOMS OF THE DISEASE
The main symptoms are the following:
* the sense of heaviness getting stronger usually at the end of the day and during the night.
* Itch and inflammatory states
* “spiders” and reticular veins
* varices present in the area of the whole limb
* hardly regressing edema around the ankles and crus.
* discolourations, eczemas, skin hardening appearing mostly around the ankles.
Diabetic foot is a complication after not properly treated diabetes. Hyperglycaemic state persisting for a long time can contribute to the damage of blood vessels, mainly arteries and finally can cause atherosclerosis. Ischaemia and chronic hypoxia of the foot tissues can lead with time to its necrosis. At firs, the disease can cause walking problems and pain. If not properly treated can irreversibly to the limb amputation.
Symptoms of this illness are following:
* skin ruptures
* hair loss
* nails deformation
* atrophy of soft tissues
* blue colouration of the foot
* susceptibility to infections